What are the Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Camps?
The Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Camps provide boys and girls - aged 6-12 years old - with an action packed fun-filled week of rugby during the summer holidays. The camps are focused around maximizing enjoyment and learning to play the Leinster way.
A strong emphasis is placed on the capacities of the players and the rugby specific coaching is tailored to each individual group and conducted in an appropriate safe manner with the aim to:
• Optimise learning
• Create friendships
• Improve rugby skills
• Enhance rugby specific knowledge
Key Features of the Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Camps
• A typical week will see the camp content broken down into the various elements of the game with each day
• A special area that we will be focusing on this year will be at Mini Stage 2 (8-10 years old) and Mini Stage 3 (10-12 years old), where the players will learn and experience activities around coaching based techniques such as 'player on the ball' and 'player in space'.
• Coaches will act as guides and provide an understanding of when the following skills are needed such as passing, evasion, tackling, decision making and general movement.
The Perks of the Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Camps
• Canterbury of New Zealand training t-shirt, thrillseeker rugby ball and draw string bag.
• Meet Leinster Players.
• One free junior ticket to a selected Leinster game.
• Top quality coaching from IRFU accredited coaches.
Note: Our Camp Managers have additionally completed IRFU Safe Rugby Level 1 and the IRB First Aid in Rugby.
Dates and Venues
The Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Camps will be run in 27 venues across the province from Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 1.30pm weekly for children aged 6 to 12 years old.